Mt Sinai South Nassau – Central Utility Plant(CUP)
Mount Sinai South Nassau Hospital
Building details: The existing central utility plant (CUP) needed to be replaced at the hospital. KSW installed a new 23,000-square-foot, two-story Central Utility Plant (CUP).
Project details: KSW furnished and installed a complete cooling/heating plant. This plant had several benefits to the medical facility, consisting of the following:
- 4000 tons of ultra-high efficiency variable speed chillers and cooling towers
- Variable speed pumping station
- Heat exchangers
- 105,000 gallons of fuel oil storage and transfer systems
- 60,000,000 BTU(total) Steam boilers along with deaerator with boiler feed water pumps
- Surge tank with condensate transfer pumps
- AC units
- Electrical system upgrades
The plant was created to cover existing needs, yet with sufficient capacity to function fully in the event of future building expansion.