Farley Building Redevelopment Phase III / Moynihan Train Hall
Vornado Realty Trust
Project details: KSW provided the HVAC infrastructure for the newly renovated 750,000 square foot conversion of the Farley Post Office to a modern train terminal serving LIRR and Amtrak systems.
KSW completed the expansion and installation of the HVAC systems operating in the new multi-level commercial spaces occupied by Facebook, retail spaces on the first floor, the concourse level Food Hall, as well as new office facilities for USPS, LIRR and AMTRAK.
Our scope of work in this iconic building was successfully completed in under 3 years. Within that time frame, we sourced and installed the following:
- A supplemental 18,000,000 BTU Boiler plant.
- Cooling equipment exceeding 2,300 ton capacity
- Outside Air Ventilation equipment delivering 270,000 CFM
- Supply and Exhaust systems with 910,000 CFM capacity
- Installation of over 26,000 feet of pipe of various sizes.